The Association of Professional Photographers of the Czech Republic APF and the Federation of European Professional Photographers FEP recommend using these simple rules to clarify copyright:
- Respect the copyrights of your photographs.
- Always ask the photographer for permission to use the photo.
- No third party has the right to grant use of the photograph. Only the photographer themselves can grant permission to use their photographs.
- Make sure there is no misunderstanding about the agreed price and how the photograph will be used.
- Only use photographs for the purpose for which you have contracted.
- Always try to find the photographer of the photo you want to use. Do not use photographs where you do not know the name of the photographer.
- Always include the name of the photographer with the photograph.
- Do not alter the crop of the photograph or otherwise tamper with the image without the photographer's permission.
- Be aware of the rights of third parties. Seek their permission before using the photograph.
- Always give a copy of the publication and other prints to the photographer.